- This event has passed.
THE BARAMBAH ORGANICS HELL OF THE WEST
February 7, 2021 @ 5:00 am - 12:00 pm
ON EVENT DAY
- Bike racking is event day only. Transition opens at 3.30am Sunday morning
- Please check the event schedule for transition opening and race start times
- This swim leg is a non-wetsuit swim due to water temperatures
- Wave starts will commence from approximately 5.00am (times to be finalised closer to the event)
- Out and back course
- Full aid station at 40km turnaround and water station at 60km
- Three loop course
- Aid stations approximately every 1.5km, containing water, ice, coke and sports hydration
CUT OFF TIMES
The below times will apply and competitors will only be allowed to continue if the relevant doctor/official believes he/she can complete course without injury or disruption to race proceedings:
- Swim – 1.15 hour
- Cycle – 3.5 hours
- Run – 2.5hrs
The Festival of Hell celebrates 30 years in 2021 and is a weekend encompassing the the Hell of the West Triathlon and the GTH+ Super Saturday.
Described as Queensland’s iconic long course triathlon event, HOTW is the “toughest (and oldest) triathlons in Queensland” consisting of a 2 kilometre swim in the mighty Macintyre River, 80 kilometre “dead flat” cycle along the Barwon Highway heading west and 20 kilometre ‘hot as hell’ run along the picturesque Macintyre River.
Temperatures of up to 38 degrees can be expected at this time of year and this heat is what the athletes love. Many athletes use the triathlon as part of their Ironman training sessions, some athletes use it as their first long course triathlon and many athletes compete as part of a team, just to add to the spirit of sportsmanship. It’s a ‘bucket list’ triathlon for all triathletes world-wide.
2021 sees the continuance of the GTH+ Super Saturday events:
Hell Kids Triathlon.
Firestarter Triathlon (enticer).
5 and 10 kilometre Gundy Inferno Charity Runs.
Athletes of all abilities can now be part of a ‘weekend of hell’ without having to commit to the rigors or distances of the iconic HOTW.
Wet weather meant a last-minute change of course for some of the state's best triathletes who took part in yesterday's Hell of the West – Festival of Hell – Goondiwindi.www.7NEWS.com.au #7NEWS
Posted by 7NEWS Toowoomba on Monday, 10 February 2020