- This event has passed.
Storage Meter Installation & Validation Course
November 24, 2020 - November 26, 2020
In order to install and validate water storage meters, you must become qualified and certified as a Storage Meter Installer & Validator (CSV). The NSW Government requires that approved storage water meters be installed where a landowner holds a floodplain harvesting access license. This course covers how to select water storage meters, data loggers and telemetry systems and the installation, commissioning/maintenance and validation of water storage meters.
COURSE PROGRAM & DURATION
- This course is delivered over three (3) days Face-to-Face
- 8:30AM – 5:00PM
- Students have 3 months to submit their post course assessments
UNITS OF COMPETENCY
By undertaking additional activities and assignments, students are able to obtain a Statement of Attainment for the following 4 units:
- NWPIRR014 Install meters for rural water supplies
- NWPIRR022 Maintain meters for rural water supplies
- AHCWHS301 Contribute to work health and safety processes
- NWPGEN018 Follow environmental and licensing procedures
Prior to enrolling and undergoing training, you are required to hold the RIIWHS204D Work safely at heights unit of competency or equivalent. A sighted* copy of the Statement of Attainment is to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org for verification.
*Sighted copies are those that are verified by a JP as an accurate copy of the original
UPON COMPLETION OF TRAINING
Upon completion of the training requirements, each participant will be issued a Statement of Attainment for the four (4) units of competency covered in the course. Participants will be certified as a CSV – Certified Storage Meter Installer & Validator for a period of two (2) years (first 2 years of certification is inclusive in the course fee).
EXISTING CERTIFIED METER INSTALLER & VALIDATORS
Participants who have already completed Meter Installation & Validation training (and obtained certification as a CMI/DQP) and want to obtain CSV certification are required to attend the full Storage Meter Installer & Validator training course.
The reasons for this are:
- this course has been contexualised for storage meter installation and validation
- some of the units of competency have been updated
Please contact Irrigation Australia to discuss eligibility