- This event has passed.
Sustainable Services For Regional & Remote Communities
February 17, 2021 @ 8:00 am - February 18, 2021 @ 4:00 pm
The Queensland Water Directorate and New South Wales Water Directorate are pleased to announce that our deferred joint event – ‘Sustainable water and sewerage services for regional and remote communities’ will now be kindly hosted by Goondiwindi Regional Council on 17-18 February 2021.
It will be another ‘hybrid’ event. We hope to see as many members and stakeholders attend in person and there will also be a large online component which we hope to make as interactive as possible for those attending virtually.
This is not a standard conference – it is a specifically themed event with a strategic aim of informing our industry roadmap and developing practical recommendations for service providers and government. It is also an exciting collaboration opportunity with NSW Water Directorate.
The program will include a mix of speakers on strategic and technical solutions, as well as panel sessions and workshops to explore five themes relevant to small and remote communities:
1. Funding water and sewerage services responsibly and sustainably
2. Choosing fit-for-purpose technology
3. Negotiating levels of service
4. Appropriate approaches to compliance and regulation
5. Readiness for alternative supplies
All sessions will be available online with interactive sessions to keep all participants involved in the discussion and canvas ideas and opinions.
A sample of presentation topics include:
- Resilience in Small Towns.
- Panel session on shared strategic challenges including panellists from NSW, NT, QLD and WSAA
- Exploring governance and regulation for small communities
- Session on navigating technology traps
- Workshop on key messages for decision-makers and funders in other levels of government
The new program represents a slight shift in focus. While we were originally keen to include a showcase of fit-for-purpose technologies, the original intent will be difficult to deliver in a hybrid format, and many of the presentations have now been picked up through our Essentials Webinars.