Murray-Darling Basin Authority (MDBA)
- Ongoing or Non-Ongoing
- $83,418 – $91,807 plus 15.4 Superannuation
- Adelaide, Canberra, Goondiwindi, Griffith, Mildura, Murray-Bridge and Wodonga
Join us to shape the future of one of Australia’s greatest natural assets and protect it for future generations.
We are seeking people who want to contribute to a significant water reform program that aims to respond to the impacts of climate change, support community and industry needs, and improve access to water for First Nations people.
The Murray-Darling Basin Authority (MDBA) is an independent government agency which, in partnership with Basin governments, manages the Murray–Darling Basin’s water resources in the national interest. With the enactment of the Water Act 2007, the MDBA was established as an independent expertise-based statutory agency.
The MDBA aims to achieve a healthy working Basin for the benefit of all Australians. The Murray–Darling Basin contains a rich diversity of natural environments that are unique in Australia and the world. The Basin is also crucial to Australia’s economy and home to 2.3 million Australians, including people from over 40 First Nations. How we manage the Basin as a whole connected system, manage our water carefully, and protect it for future generations is set out in the Murray-Darling Basin Plan
The Finance Officer supports the work of the MDBA Financial Accounting team. The role is involved in the accounting aspects of the Finance team, providing timely, strategic, and professional information and services. The role works closely with other parts of the Business Services Portfolio and the Murray-Darling Basin Authority, other agencies of the Australian Government, the Basin States and Territories and wider stakeholders.
Your key responsibilities in this role are to:
- Process standard month end journals and prepare key accounting reconciliations.
- Process accounts payable and receivable, credit card and travel transactions.
- Assist in the preparation of the Fringe Benefit Tax return.
- Assist in the preparation for Portfolio Budget Statements and Budget process.
- Contribute to the preparation of monthly and annual financial reports.
- Respond to internal and external audit questions and requests for additional information.
- Assist in the processing and reconciliations of Central Budget Management System transactions.
- Communicate with and provide advice and recommendations to a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Liaise with stakeholders on moderately complex to complex operational issues responding to stakeholder’s needs and expectations.
- Interpret and apply accounting standards in order to direct those with limited finance literacy.
- Co-ordinate the financial implications of travel arrangements with staff, creation of travel requisitions, processing travel allowance and cab charge vouchers, including the completion of travel acquittals.
- Identify process improvements in the Financial Accounting team and the wider organisation.
What we offer you
You will have the opportunity to work on projects where you contribute to shaping the future of one of Australia’s greatest natural assets and protect it for future generations.
At the MDBA you will undertake a variety of interesting and challenging work. You will have the opportunity to apply your knowledge and expertise, and work with the Australian community to support a critical resource management initiative.
- Competitive remuneration packages, including up to 15.4% superannuation, and recognition of prior APS government service.
- Generous leave provisions (four weeks annual leave) and additional Non-attendance days between Christmas and New Year provided.
- Being part of a smaller agency with a strong focus on its connection with people.
- Being part of a professional, committed, and friendly team of people.
- Being part of an organisation that recognises and values First Nations people, and their contribution to our work. We have an innovative Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) aimed at improving relationships, showing respect, and increasing opportunities to deliver outcome for First Nations peoples as part of our business-as-usual activities.
- Competitive Flexible Working Arrangements which allow greater flexibility and balance between work and personal needs with a baseline attendance in the office to be 40% of your time.
- A range of healthy lifestyle provisions, including access to a health and wellbeing program.
- Opportunities for professional development, and career progression across a variety of roles and work locations.
Tell me more
It is easy to apply for a job at the MDBA. Go to www.mdba.gov.au/careers and tell us what makes you the ideal candidate. Take the opportunity to work with the MDBA as we continue to make a difference through the protection and enhancement of the environment.
For more information regarding this opportunity contact Bianca Tee 02 6279 email@example.com
How to apply:
- Start your application by clicking the “begin” button.
- Login to an existing account or reset your password
- Preview Application Form Opens in new window
To apply for this job please visit mdbacareers.nga.net.au.