Website Whyalla Beef Pty Ltd
Whyalla Beef, a company part of NH Foods Group which is a leader in the global delivery of a wide variety of foods including fresh meats, ham, sausages, processed foods, seafood, dairy products and health foods is currently looking for experienced Beef Cattle Farmers to join their busy team at Smithlea QLD.
The successful candidate will need to undertake and possess:
- Breed and raise cattle for the production of milk and other dairy products
- Monitor and maintain the health and condition of cattle or livestock
- Provide pastures to maintain appropriate nutritional levels
- Moving livestock to optimise feeding opportunities
- Organise and conduct farming operations such as catching, drenching and milking livestock, sterilising machines, and collecting, grading and packaging produce
- Oversee general farming activities such as maintaining pens, sheds and cages, fertilising, controlling pests and weeds, and growing fodder
- Assist with the organisation of the sale, purchase and transportation of livestock and produce
- Maintain and evaluat records of farming activities, monitoring market activity and planning production accordingly
- Ability to learn and select, train and supervise staff and contractors
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ hands-on experience
- Have minimum a Cert III in relevant field
- Be able to work independently but also as part of a team
- Customer focused and have a ‘can do’ attitude
Salary range is $50,000 – $60,000pa commensurate with skills and experience
Several Full-time Positions available
Applications open 15h June 2022 and close 15th July 2022
If you are interested in this role APPLY now. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit au.jora.com.