Website Australia Post
Most of us have fond memories of our local ‘Postie’ – the friendly face on the motorbike who delivered our letters and parcels. They’ve always been an essential part of Australia Post’s mail business, and as more of our customers embrace online and digital communications, it’s a role that’s only grown more significant.
We are always looking for ways to improve our equipment and uniforms and this is your chance to help us grow in refreshingly modern direction like delivering on EeVee, our newest addition to the delivery fleet.
About the role
As one of our Postal Delivery Officers (PDOs), you’ll start your days sorting mail – before hopping on EeVee, an electric Delivery Vehicle provided by Australia Post, and delivering mail and parcels to customers.
To do that, you’ll need:
- To successfully pass our practical driving / riding skills assessment
- To be fit enough to lift up to 16kg of mail repeatedly each day
- Meet our EDV’ safe working load limit (so you’ll need to weigh 120kg or less when fully clothed)
- A current unrestricted car licence (a provisional licence will also be considered)
What are we looking for?
- A friendly, reliable and considerate personality – with a real knack for communicating and interacting with others (after all, you’ll be constantly talking with our customers)
- Someone who enjoys early morning starts, and can be counted on to deliver mail to where it needs to go
- A commitment to Australia Post’s Occupational Health and Safety standards
- The flexibility to stay until the job’s done if need be – and a real desire to help the team.
The Postal Delivery Officer position offers a salary of $50,697 plus 12% super per annum upon completion of 3 months service and 15% loading.
Together, our differences make us stronger.
We’re all ages, genders and abilities, and we come from all walks of life. We’re you. As one of Australia’s largest employers – with 35,000 employees and an extended workforce of more than 70,000 – we’re laser focused on building a workforce that reflects the vibrant communities we serve. And we know an inclusive workforce is better for business too.
Learn more about how we’re supporting inclusion at Australia Post at https://mypo.st/Diversity
If you require adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process, please reach out to the Talent Acquisition Diversity Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Australia Post welcomes applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islanders. Learn more about our commitment to Reconciliation in this short video.
Ready to take the next step in your career?
Get started by registering your interest.
We’re committed to helping our people, customers and communities build a better future.
A career at Australia Post Group can lead down many paths. There are a variety of roles to suit all sorts of skills and you will also have the chance to learn from the best people; everyone, everywhere, every day. For us, an engaging, enjoyable workplace is the foundation for great work which is why your attitude and your passion is just as important to us as your experience.
We offer an attractive salary and benefits in an equal opportunity workforce. We encourage applications from people of all ages, including Indigenous Australians and those with a disability.
Don’t delay your application, please apply today. We have a short mobile-friendly application form which contains approximately 15 career interest questions. It should take you no longer than 2 or 3 minutes to complete. Looking forward to hearing from you!
Advertised: 22 Jul 2022 E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: 12 Aug 2022 E. Australia Standard Time
To apply for this job please visit yourcareer.auspost.com.au.