Yarranbrook Farms Pty Ltd
Established in 1989, Yarranbrook Feedlot is a specialist beef cattle lot-feeding, backgrounding, and irrigated farming operation based in the heart of the Queensland’s Border Rivers area. Located close to Inglewood, Yarranbrook Feedlot is a joint venture between Mort & Co and premium Wagyu producer, Stone Axe Pastoral.
The feedlot’s strategic location and well-appointed infrastructure accommodates both short and long-fed cattle programs to service a combination of market segments. Mort & Co looks to support growth opportunities of the site, in conjunction with Stone Axe Pastoral, to improve Yarranbrook’s position as a leading Australian feedlot and continually deliver world-class beef.
About the Role
With up to 16,000 head of cattle on feed, Yarranbrook has seen the need for a Feedmill Hand to join our Feeding and Milling Team at Yarranbrook Feedlot on a full-time basis.
This key role will be responsible for:
- Preparing and mixing rations on site and ensuring all rations are formulated correctly to ensure optimal dietary requirements are met
- Delivery of rations to pens in a timely and consistent manner
- Processing of grain ensuring a high standard of product is produced.
- Ensuring basic daily services and greasing schedules are completed.
- Daily feeding and milling tasks are executed in a timely and efficient manner to meet daily production and quality targets
- Feed batching, milling operations, vehicle and loader operations in a feedlot environment.
- You are focused on working safely
- You demonstrate experience in feed production, milling position or feed batching (or similar)
- You’re mechanically minded with the ability to problem solve on the go
- Ideally, you have experience with modern feeding machinery, equipment, loaders, trucks and other heavy equipment
- Previous grain milling experience will be valued.
- Reliable team player with a positive attitude and good communication skills.
- On the job training will be provided to successful applicants with a can-do will-do attitude
Why work with us?
- Competitive hourly rates and shift allowances – talk to us to learn more
- We care about your health and safety
- You can progress your career and develop your agriculture industry skills, with training provided on the job
- Local accommodation options available
Other information to know
Interviews will be held on site, with an opportunity for you to tour the facility. If this sounds like your next career opportunity, please apply now!
As Yarranbrook Farms has a strong commitment to health and safety for the benefit of all employees, all roles will require you to complete a pre-employment medical (including drug and alcohol screening), requiring successful completion prior to an offer being made).
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.