Website McGregor Diesel
McGregor Diesel in Goondiwindi specialises in repairs and maintenance to a wide range of Earthmoving and Industrial equipment, Irrigation Pumps & Engines and Agricultural Machinery in south-west Queensland and northern NSW. We assist with all onsite support including repairs, diagnostics and servicing. We pride ourselves on friendly, professional service, reliable backup and our guarantee of the best service and advice on the border.
We are seeking a fully qualified Diesel Mechanic/Diesel Fitter who has a positive attitude and is a team player. This is a permanent full-time position and pays an above award wage. This role offers variety and would suit a person who is also interested in doing electronics, including GPS installations.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Certificate III in Engineering – Mechanical Trade Diesel Fitting pathway
- A strong work ethic, be a lateral thinker and takes pride in your work
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Skills in providing customer service, including over the counter and telephone enquires
- Well-developed organisational and communication skills
- Problem solving skills from a spare parts perspective
- Computer skills, Microsoft Office – in email, work and excel
- Ordering parts using computerised systems (CAT Parts Store preferred but not essential)
- Previous experience in electronics, including but not limited to GPS installations (training provided if necessary)
- Competent use of basic hand and power tools is required
- The ability to receive direction and supervision to work on specific components and follow work instructions/processes
- Knowledge about Inventory Controlling
- A current clean driver’s licence and Forklift ticket (not mandatory)
You will be required to work Monday to Friday from 07.00am to 05.30pm with some overtime and weekend work as required.
If you are interested in applying for this position, or would like to find out any further information about this role please contact Shane McGregor on 0401 736 402 or email your current resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
*No agencies please
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.