Website The BUSY Group
Our vision is to have more people in jobs, more people learning new skills, and more communities exposed to positive change, in partnership with employers and industry.
BUSY At Work has achieved outstanding success within the Employment Services industry recent tenders, in particular the Workforce Australia program.
We are seeking a driven Mentor to join the team in Goondiwindi .
BUSY At Work is a not-for-profit organisation providing a wide range of employment services including recruitment and apprenticeship support services, employment and community services apprenticeship, employment and community programs.
BUSY At Work are part of The BUSY Group, which presents 40 years as a community partner offering an extensive range of employment services and programs, vocational training, apprenticeships, mentoring, NDIS, disability employment support, specialist schools and allied health services.
About the Role
A mentor will have responsibility for shaping the future for customers within the program by building collaborative partnerships through ongoing coaching, mentoring, support and effective case management.
A solid understanding of people centered case management principles including barrier management is core to continued success as well as a detailed understanding of what Job Ready looks like for customers.
The Mentor will create future employment opportunities for customers by identifying areas for development, upskilling, training, wellbeing & Mental Health support program suitability and referral to community-based support networks. You will receive tools of the trade for this role, including a laptop and mobile phone.
This is a full time, fixed term opportunity based in Goondiwindi until June 2025.
Key Success Factors and Responsibilities
In this role you will devise interventions and solutions and work with customers to implement action plans enabling the customer to become ready for employment. A solid understanding of people-centered case management principles including barrier management is core to your continued success. An ability to build, engage, support and maintain customer relationships is core to your continued success.
Your key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Build and maintain effective customer relationships
- Create detailed action plans that establish a customer’s
- employment and lifestyle goals
- Motivate and engage customers through various stages of their employment action plan and placements
- Identify and develop customer capability and facilitate appropriate referrals
- Maintain regular contact and provide ongoing support to customers
- Record all actions within the required timeframes, ensuring all schedules are maintained regularly with documentary evidence
A bit about you…
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Knowledge or an interest in the Employment Service sector
- Demonstrated experience in creating development plans and following up on the progress
- Able to understand the steps required by a customer to reach a Job Ready status
- Highly developed problem solving and negotiation skills
- Excellent customer and client interpersonal skills
- Drive to work in a target based, fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and able to adapt style to suit the audience
- Knowledge and application of the appropriate employment services contract DEED and guidelines (desirable but not essential)
- Ability to prioritise workload, use initiative and multi-task
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and reliable work style
- High level of computer literacy
- An open car drivers’ licence
- Candidates with relevant tertiary qualifications or equivalent experience within the Coaching and Mentoring or a similar type of sector are highly desirable
If you have a dedicated commitment to empowering staff, increasing business market share and ultimately, creating long-term sustainable employment opportunities for jobseekers and above all, your values align with ours, then we highly recommend you visit;
- Competitive, above award salary
- Generous Bonus incentive plans
- Flexible and Hybrid work options
- Training and Professional development commitment
- Career progression and internal transfer opportunities
- BUSY Benefits program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tools of the trade to support your individual role
How to apply…
Our preferred method of application is on the BUSY At Work website listed above. Candidate care is important to us, so you will hear from us at some stage in the process, either via phone or email.
The BUSY Group is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities.
This position is subject to obtaining a Criminal History and Working with Children Check.
If you don’t have a current blue card, to avoid delays, we suggest you complete an online application at the link below, selecting jobseeker:
The BUSY Group is an organisation that puts the best interest of children and young people first by adhering to the Child Safety Organisation National Principles.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.