The MDBA aims to achieve a healthy working Basin
Who are we:
With the enactment of the Water Act 2007 (Cth), the Murray–Darling Basin Authority (MDBA) was established as an independent expertise-based statutory agency.
For the first time in the Basin’s history, one Basin-wide institution is responsible for planning the Basin’s water resources, with all planning decisions made in the interest of the Basin as a whole.
Our most important work is to:
• prepare, implement and review an integrated plan for the sustainable use of the Basin’s water resources
• operate the River Murray system and efficiently deliver water to users on behalf of partner governments
• measure, monitor and record the quality and quantity of the Basin’s water resources
• support, encourage and conduct research and investigations about the Basin’s water resources and dependent ecosystems
• advise the Australian Government Minister for Water Resources on the accreditation of state water resource plans
• provide water rights information to facilitate water trading across the Basin
• engage and educate the Australian community about the Basin’s water resources.
At the MDBA, we are committed to diversity and inclusion across our workforce, and in the way that we work. We recognise the importance of making the best use of the unique perspectives, experience, knowledge and skills across our regionalised organisation. We strive to create a workplace where our people flourish in a welcoming and culturally safe environment. We encourage and welcome applications from people with disability, First Nations peoples, LGBTIQ+ people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and mature age people.
Who are we looking for:
The Assistant Director will play a key role in ensuring the effective implementation of the Sustainable Diversion Limits – a fundamental component of the Basin Plan.
The key duties, skills and attributes for this role are:
• Undertake timely analysis and research on water policy and complex technical issues associated with implementing the Basin Plan sustainable diversion limits and provide strategic advice and recommendations.
• Undertake complex water data analysis, quality assurance and provide written content for the annual water take report and accounting of use relative to the sustainable diversion limits.
• Take a leading role in collaboratively communicating across Commonwealth and State agencies to resolve complex technical issues and develop and implement policy that ensures a coordinated approach across governments.
• Manage assessment and accreditation of technical components of Basin state water resource plans.
• Use their communications skills to manage conflict and seek resolutions with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
• Provide leadership and guidance to staff.
Relocation packages are available, and we are committed to a flexible and inclusive workplace that will suit you and your individual needs. Joining us means you will contribute your expertise as part of an agile working environment that offers an attractive salary package, including up to 15.4% superannuation. You will also be eligible to receive a wide range of employee benefits, support for flexible working arrangements and have excellent working conditions. We support the professional development of our people, and the chance to try new things across our variety of capabilities and work locations.
Tell me more:
It is easy to apply for a job at the MDBA. Go to www.mdba.gov.au/careers and tell us what makes you the ideal candidate. Take the opportunity to work with the MDBA as we continue to make a difference through the protection and enhancement of the environment.
For more information regarding this opportunity contact Julianne Tanner (email@example.com 02 6279 0132).
To apply for this job please visit www.mdba.gov.au.