Goondiwindi Regional Council
Council is seeking to appoint a hard working, enthusiastic, experienced, hands on person with excellent driving skills and a positive attitude. This position will be based in Goondiwindi and you must hold a “HR” truck licence.
Key Responsibilities include:
* General labouring duties within the Bitumen Maintenance crew as directed on a daily basis.
* Safely operate Council’s tractor/slasher and other plant (rollers) on road construction/maintenance activities that you hold a licence/tickets for.
* Responsible for the correct maintenance and care of the vehicle.
* Perform routine infrastructure inspection and associated maintenance activities.
* Identify faults and operational condition of infrastructure and make recommendations to the Supervisor to rectify issues.
* Ensure signage is in the correct position and installed in accordance with current regulations.
* Undertake any training required for the performance of the role.
* Other duties as directed by the Supervisor, Manager Works or Director of Engineering.
Pay Level – Stream B – Level 5 $63,106.59 pa dependent on skills and current licences.
*applicable allowances including construction workers allowance and overtime payable when worked
Pay rate in accordance with Council’s Enterprise Bargaining Agreement and Queensland Local Government Industry Award – State 2017.
Hours of work – 38 hours per week
19 day month (Rostered day off)
Employment Base – Goondiwindi
To apply for this job please visit careers.grc.qld.gov.au.