National Heavy Vehicle Regulator
Who we are
The National Heavy Vehicle Regulator (NHVR) commenced operations in 2013 as the national entity responsible for regulating all heavy vehicles with a gross vehicle mass over 4.5 tonnes.
Our Safety & Compliance Officers
Our Safety and Compliance officers are currently located across New South Wales, Victoria, Tasmania, the ACT and South Australia. With the transfer of heavy vehicle regulatory services from the Department of Transport and Main Roads to the NHVR set to occur in April 2024, we are now recruiting for our Goondiwindi team in Queensland.
Working as part of a large national on-roads operations unit, you are at the frontline in keeping our roads safe by monitoring heavy vehicles, working with industry and applying the Heavy Vehicle National Law (HVNL).
Your role will include:
- Providing advice, education and guidance in the awareness of road safety for heavy vehicles in the community.
- Undertake compliance and enforcement activities including conducting heavy vehicle inspections, checking the compliance of heavy vehicles, drivers and operators with the requirements of the Heavy Vehicle National Law.
- Work as part of a team to ensure we deliver activities in accordance with relevant road transport laws, regulations and process.
- Shift work, with fortnightly rosters being provided in advance. Shifts can operate outside normal hours and on weekends.
- Travel to support regional areas will also form part of your role. Depending on your location, this may involve up to week-long stays, approximately 1 in every 4 weeks.
What’s on offer
We are offering full time, permanent positions in Goondiwindi. Some of the key benefits include:
- Comprehensive training
- Ongoing professional development, support and training
- Rostered day off and additional leave over the Christmas closure
- Access to wellbeing programs including Fitness Passport and discounted health insurance
- Up to 14.25% superannuation with co-contribution scheme
- Access to salary packaging including novated lease
- Supportive team and work environment
As a Safety and Compliance Officer you will have:
- Demonstrated experience in delivering a high standard of customer service
- Motor vehicle open driver licence
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills where you can foster effective relationships and maintain records
- Flexibility to work varying shift times and weekends, and undertake travel
- Demonstrated commitment and passion for road safety
- Established computer skills – including experience with Microsoft Word and Outlook
- High level of ethics and a pragmatic approach; familiar with exercising professional judgement and can provide effective conflict management
- Growth mindset and team player attitude
- Experience in working with a range of policies and procedures
- Mechanical qualifications or skills (highly desirable)
Successful candidates will commence 8 April 2024 and start a comprehensive training program. Over the course of the first six months, candidates will attend training for approximately 11 weeks. Travel away from home and week-long stays may be required to undertake this training.
We look forward to receiving your application, including CV and cover letter.
Applications close 18 February at 11:55pm. Please note, advertising may close early if suitable candidates are progressed prior to this date.
The recruitment process for shortlisted applicants follows the below steps:
- Phone screen
- Online testing – safety awareness, basic computer skills and cognitive abilities
- Online interview
- Reference checks
- National police and work rights check
To view the position description, visit https://careers.nhvr.gov.au/jobs/search. For any queries, please feel free to contact NHVR Recruitment via firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to being an inclusive, diverse and flexible workplace where differences are valued. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, experience and abilities.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.