Website Texas P-10 State School
|Position status||Fixed Term Temporary|
|Occupational group||Education & Training|
|Workplace Location||Darling Downs – Maranoa,Toowoomba region|
|Job ad reference||QLD/427211|
|Yearly salary||$66556 – $100186|
|Fortnightly salary||$2551.10 – $3840.10|
|Job duration||11 July 2022 – 09 December 2022|
|Contact person||Britt Walkinshaw|
|Contact details||4616 7602 / email@example.com
Access the National Relay Service
As DRT, you will support the educational outcomes for all students and nurture positive relationships between students, teachers and community. Successful candidate will work across our P-10 school, Inglewood State School and Yelarbon State School and report to the Principal.
The school was first opened in 1887 and has always been a very important part of the farming community that it services. Currently, the school has 163 students and about 40 dedicated staff who are passionate about improving student outcomes. Our supportive parents ensure that our students are well-mannered, respectful and want to learn. Explicit Instruction, Australian Curriculum, Positive Behaviour for Learning (PBL), Smash Up- a daily fitness program, Watching Others Work, Student Wellbeing and Reading are all important facets of the teaching and learning program. As a TR5 school, the DRT is entitled to a locality allowance, together with 4 RoRRs days per year and local accommodation is provided.
Texas P-10 State School is the most southern P-10 state school in Queensland. It is situated on the Queensland/ New South Wales border in a small farming community with some of the staff and students living in New South Wales. Texas is a rural town which is in the Goondiwindi Regional Council area and a little over an hours’ drive to Stanthorpe. With Toowoomba only a two and a half hour drive away, access to city services is practicable. In the 2016 census, Texas recorded a population of 843 people.
Departmental accommodation may also be available.
Please refer to our website to get an insight to what we do and achieve each week.
Teaching in Queensland:
The department is responsible for the delivery of quality education services to all Queensland students in state schools and recognises teachers and their commitment to teaching through a range of rewards and benefits. To find out more CLICK HERE
Applicants for these positions must possess:
- A relevant teaching qualification. CLICK HERE for further information on teaching qualifications.
- Employment for pre-service/graduate teachers will be subject to the successful completion of a relevant teaching qualification and meeting the minimum requirements as a teacher with the department.
- Current full registration or current provisional registration with eligibility for full registration, as a teacher in Queensland. Pre-service/graduate teachers must have been granted provisional registration prior to commencing employment as a teacher. For more information regarding registration requirements, please CLICK HERE.
- In addition to registration, teachers working in Education and Care Services (including State Delivered Kindergarten programs) require an exemption card issued by Blue Card Services. For more information on blue cards and exemption cards, please CLICK HERE.
How to apply:
Simply click the Green ‘Apply online’ button below, enter your personal details and please submit the following documents:
- A brief resume/CV
- Contact details for two referees (one of whom is your current or most recent supervisor)
- Pre-service teachers to include any completed practicum reports (summary only), mentor/referee statements (summary only), unofficial academic transcript for current course of study.
**Applicants are encouraged to commence and submit their application as early as possible as the Department of Education reserves the right to reduce the application period and/or remove the job advertisement early should a suitable applicant be found.**
To apply for this job please visit smartjobs.qld.gov.au.