HB Group (Qld) Pty Ltd
TO2: $43.57 to $51.34 per hour
TO3: $54.34 to $58.64 per hour
(Appointment level will be determined by skills, knowledge, and experience of suitable candidates)
Hours of work:
Weekly hours of work for this contract position will vary depending on seasonal work requirement and availability of the candidate. Hours of work will generally be conducted between Monday to Friday.
As the Technical Officer in our dynamic team, your role will involve:
• Collaborating with and providing support to research agronomists and farmers, ensuring the smooth coordination and execution of research activities such as timely planting, spraying, harvesting, treatment application, and site monitoring.
• Operating research equipment and overseeing the maintenance of data logging devices (e.g., weather stations) at research sites.
• Collecting and preparing a diverse range of samples, including soil, plants, and water, from field trials. This entails handling plant biomass, grain, soil, and various other samples for subsequent analysis to assess crop performance, soil health, and the sustainability of farming systems.
• Monitoring crops and implementing field treatments, including fertilizers, herbicides, and insecticides, in adherence to best management practices.
• Assisting in the upkeep of a centralized database housing experimental results, preparing it for subsequent statistical analysis.
• A Diploma or a keen interest in pursuing studies leading to a minimum of a Diploma-level qualification in Applied Science or a related field from a recognised tertiary institution.
• Possession of a current driver’s license. Note: For international qualifications, applicants will need to have their qualifications assessed for comparability with the Australian Qualifications Framework. The Department of Employment, Small Business, and Training can provide assistance with these assessments for Queensland residents.
Above all, we’re on the lookout for individuals with the right attitude—those ready to roll up their sleeves, embrace learning, and find joy in a fulfilling job that positively impacts people’s lives. These positions are well-suited for recent graduates (at the TO2 level) looking to develop their knowledge and skills with our experienced RDE team or seasoned professionals (at the TO3 level) eager to share their expertise with the team.
• Ability (or a willingness to learn) to implement experimental designs and procedures, including following protocols, recording activities and observations, and accurately managing various types of data and records promptly.
• Empathy toward farmers and agronomists, coupled with the ability to communicate effectively as they evaluate the potential risks and rewards of decisions and practices, and experiment with new options to enhance their farming systems.
• Ability (or a willingness to learn) to operate research equipment for field experiments, involving regular use of boom-sprays, planters, harvesters, soil sampling rigs, drying ovens, soil and plant threshers, and grinders.
• Willingness and capability to work outdoors and travel, including overnight stays, to service research sites in southern Queensland.
If you are interested in this role, please send your current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively, If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Shauna Cowen on 4639 4410.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.