Website Proterra Group
- Looking for a change of pace, where work is work and home is home?
- Get to know the people in your community while supplying an essential service.
- Start today in a permanent part time position.
We are currently on the hunt for a Weighbridge Operator for our Goondiwindi Waste Facility.
Proterra Group is a born and bred Goondiwindi company with our head office based there. The Goondiwindi Waste Facility was our first ever waste facility management contract and we are proud to still be managing and operating this waste facility to this day. From humble beginnings, we now manage and operate 6 waste sites across regional QLD, including Inglewood, Blackwater, Emerald, Tieri, and Longreach.
Working with our Waste Management team, this is a permanent part-time position on a fixed term contract. This position reports directly to our Waste Coordinator, John Abbenhuis, with the team ultimately lead by our Waste Manager, Anni Colbran.
This role works in with our other Weighbridge Operator, Trish, meaning you will work a six-day week and then have eight days off.
The Waste Facility hours are 8am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday and 9:30am to 5:00pm on the weekend. You will be responsible for opening and closing the facility to the public, so you must have your own transport and you need to come prepared with your lunch (and snacks of course).
Supported by your Manager, you will be responsible for controlling the day-to-day operations of the Goondiwindi Waste Facility. This includes:
- Accurately classify waste received over the weighbridge and process all transactions through the weighbridge software system with a focus on minimising landfill quantities,
- Maintain accurate records to enable efficient preparation of accounts and internal charges.
- Cash handling, receipting and reconciliation of all monies of outgoing recyclable and reusable materials,
- Work with all other members of the on-site Waste team, to ensure all tasks are completed in a safe and timely manner, and
- Clean the office and equipment daily, and securely lock gatehouse each afternoon before you leave.
You can find out more about Proterra Group by checking us out online:
- Website: www.proterragroup.com.au
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/weareproterragroup/
- LinkedIn: https://au.linkedin.com/company/weareproterragroup
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
To be considered for this role, you must have a customer centric outlook, enjoy talking to people and have high level computer skills.
This position also requires the completion of a satisfactory Criminal History Check – Police Certificate (Australia Wide Name Only Police Check), current WH&S Construction Induction Certificate (White) and current Manual Driver’s License.
Ideally, you will come from an administrative background or have previous experience working in a Weighbridge and call yourself, ‘a bit of an all-rounder’.
Any other site-specific training will be organised for you by Proterra Group.
For the right candidate, Proterra Group is offering an hourly rate of $24.94 (plus applicable penalties and superannuation).
The remuneration package also includes:
- A standard rotation with minimum changes, so you can make plans around it,
- Provision of all uniforms and PPE,
- Opportunity to broaden your skill set and undertake paid training.
All applications must be submitted by clicking the ‘Apply’ button below and following the prompts.
To make an enquiry about this role, please email email@example.com
Applications close a fortnight from the advertising date; however, we will be reviewing applications throughout the recruitment process.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.